Sunday, January 4, 2009

Breaking the sound barrier

Welcome...

For a young musician, I have always felt that I had a unique concept of music - what it is, what it should be, what is good, what is not.  I figure, instead of writing a super lame book, I could use this big stupid box on my desk and work things out a chunk at a time.

Herein you will find my general thoughts on the medium, interspersed with reviews of recordings, concerts, and people, and maybe some basic musical news/gossip interspersed.  I plan on having a specific topic each month, with multiple posts flimsily supporting that topic until it finally falls down and we start over.  The first of each month stop by and see if you have any interest in what I am thinking about.

I intend this to be a dialog.  Please use the comment box below and let me know what you think.  I expect not everyone will not not agree with everything I have to say, not, and that's great.  Just keep me posted.  Even if it's, I hate this topic, I'll come by next month.

I find myself so oft diverted by completely useless gunk these days.  I only hope that I don't add to the pile.  I've always been one for addition by subtraction - here, however, I would like to present addition by addition - my concept of, and in, music - enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment