Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Interjection on Having Fun

I think what I've decided is that we can only really have fun when we forget about trying to have fun...

...This was the first new years eve in a while when I didn't try to have fun, and it was definitely one of the most fun (weirdest) new years I've had.


Along the same lines, I don't think we can truly like something if we're thinking about weather or not we like it.  Not to say that we don't "decide" we like things; but, I don't know, do we really like the things we "decide" we like?

My answer to that question is "decidedly" no.  There are things that we are supposed to like and dislike.  When we make that decision to like or dislike, what we are really deciding is weather or not we want to be seen as going with or against the flow.  Maybe we're even deciding the kind of person we want to be.

So, the likes and dislikes (or the fun or not fun) becomes the part of ourselves that we can control.  What does liking a particular band or musician say about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment