Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Strike of Confidence

Is my confidence waining? Am I having second thoughts?

These are interesting (and exponentially depressing) topics to contemplate.

Just dealing with the idea of thinking about second thoughts confuses me - what does it all mean? Does it matter? Oh, dammit.

The current state of things out here on my new coast is most certainly on the up and up (depending on how you look at it). I have a few teaching gigs, I've meet a couple of new people, and I'm working on an interesting musical concept.

But it's fair to say my general expectations of this move, as well as my life, have been slightly unrealistic up until this point - but still, that thought seems horribly unambitious. I certainly could have been working harder to get gigs, put a band together, complete writing projects, and find teaching jobs, but if I did all those things would I know how to get to the beach? The grocery store? The Chipotle?

What's the point of moving to an interesting spot if your only goal is to continue on your current path?

(An inspiring picture to inspire you)

I see now that new goals are in order. New timetables must be installed. Creative execution should follow, and on and on, until, someday, somehow, something is achieved.

Now this sounds like a plan a man like me can get behind. And when I say plan, of course, I mean a plan to plan. Right. Great. Fine. ...engage.

1 comment:

  1. it's fine if you want to take over the world, but i think you're too tall to be napoleon (re: pic).

    ReplyDelete