Tuesday, March 31, 2009

These things take time

I have attempted to keep expectations low lately - thinking this was the key to happiness - which I guess I was defining by the lack of disappointment.  Clearly, this is not the most accurate definition...

I played a few dates at this "club" in Harlem where the owner would constantly ask me where I was playing next, when was the big gig, the date at Birdland, the big recording, the big break...  My response was always some stumbling version of "these things take time," which always made him completely unsatisfied.  He would then ramble on about how thinking it makes it so - positive energy and all that.  I always thought he was crazy, and still do... but, I guess lately I've been thinking it's not that bad of an experiment to try.  Think of everything I want in my life, and, instead of assuming it probably won't happen, assume that it probably will.

...Sorry, my fruitiness counter just went off the deep end.  Anyway, I'll see what happens, and let you know.


A SIDE NOTE:  the whole world seems to smell bad today - if you guys could get on that that'd be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment